Dear Bannockburn Club Members:
We are really looking forward to welcoming everyone back to the pool this month! Luckily things will be much less restrictive than last year, but we’re not entirely out of the woods yet.
As we eagerly anticipate Bannockburn Opening Day on Friday, May 21nd, we want to take this opportunity to warmly welcome all of our new and returning members as well as share important information regarding our upcoming summer season.
2021 Pool Dates and Hours
- Bannockburn Pool will operate from Friday, May 21 through Monday, September 13. While school is still in session, we will be open from 3:00 to 8:00 pm during the week and 10:30 am to 8:00 pm weekends and holidays. Beginning June 17 through August 29 operating hours will be 10:30 am-8:00 pm daily (in early Aug. we may have to close at 7:30 pm due to less daylight). On weekdays throughout the entire season we will have Early Bird lap swimming from 6:30 to 8:30 am.
- Our swim and dive teams are central to our pool mission and culture. From June – mid July these teams will be holding daily weekday practices. There will also be a few Saturday/Sunday mornings where we will open later to accommodate Swim/Dive Team meets. We will communicate these times in advance once their practice and meet schedules are finalized.
2021 Operations, Reservations, and Guest Policies
- With many in our community vaccinated, current directives from the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services (MCDHHS) have allowed us to relax many of the limits that were imposed last summer. The Board will be meeting this Thursday to discuss whether we will need to have a reservation system like last year. As we learned last summer, county directives are often announced at the last minute and can change frequently, which makes planning extremely difficult so please be patient with us. We will communicate whether we are having reservations or not by no later than early next week.
- Although the Board of Directors encourages all eligible individuals to get fully vaccinated, members will not be required to do so in order to visit the pool. However, we ask members to practice social distancing and wear masks per MCDHHS directives.
- At this time we will begin the season with a no guest policy which we will reassess two weeks after opening. It is our hope to ease this restriction as the season progresses.
- Text Alerts – Sign up for pool text alerts to receive notices about weather-related pool closures, changes to hours, food trucks, etc. Go60(31.9%)
to sign up. Opt out of the text alerts at any time by texting “stop” as a reply. Feel free to register other family members for these alerts too.
- Add this email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your email safe list. We communicate regularly with our members from this address throughout the summer. If you’d like other family members to receive reminders, please access2(1.1%)
and add their email address.
Uploading photos into your pool portal
- We are asking that all members have a photo in their member profile. If you don’t yet have a photo, please upload one21(11.2%)
or you can have your photo taken at the pool and we will upload it to your account. Upon check in, your name will be matched with your image. As a reminder, no one should be posing as you. If we find members allowing friends or family members signing in as them, we will consider immediately freezing their entire membership account.
Food & Restaurant Deliveries
- The pool will be hosting a number of great food trucks and restaurant deliveries this summer. Please check6(3.2%)
often to see the weekly line up. These small, family-owned companies are still struggling due to the impact of Covid so would really appreciate your business. Please consider ordering from them if you’re at the pool to make it worth their while. And if you do bring your own food and drink to the pool, as a reminder absolutely NO GLASS is ever permitted at the pool.
- Unfortunately, we will not be holding our regular Memorial Day festivities this year, but we do hope to resume those events next summer. That said, the pool will be open and we hope that you will come enjoy the club.
- We are thrilled the county has announced that all wading and baby pools can open on May 29. We are excited to see those beautiful and cute babes splashing in their very own pool soon.
Lap Swimming & Early Bird Swim (EBS)
- Early Bird lap swimming is 6:30 to 8:30 am weekdays for all members age 13 and above. (Children under 13 can swim laps during swim team practices).
- The County is now allowing two swimmers to share a lap lane. Swimmers are asked to enter the pool from opposite sides of the pool.
- Most of the time, there will be a few lap lanes open during our regular hours. From time to time if we have members waiting for a lane, we have set up a “Sign-In” whiteboard (near one of the lap lanes) so that members can sign-in and take turns when lanes open up. Please sign yourself in if you are waiting for an open lane. And please be considerate to share the lane with others who may be patiently waiting for a turn.
Adult Water Aerobics
- We are excited our longtime water aerobics instructor Marianne Ross will be back and offering water aerobics again this summer.
- The class includes aerobics, strength, flexibility, balance, and fun exercises. The 45-minute classes are open at no cost to all adult members.
- We are updating our aerobics schedule in the coming weeks and will keep you informed, as information becomes available.
- Our swim coaches and a few of our lifeguards will be offering swim lessons to children of all ages and skill level. We will likely be opening the reservation form after we open so be on the look out for this in a future update.
for a fun-filled summer including: daily swim practices, safe socialization, and spirited swim meets.
- May 27th is the Swim Team’s Back to Pool Night. Come out to meet the coaches and try on and buy a team suit for the season. Parents will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about the season.
- Swim Team Volunteers needed. Want to guarantee a VIP spot to watch your swimmer during swim meets? Do you want to hear yourself say, “TAKE YOUR MARK…GO!!”? Are you a computer expert? Parent volunteers are the heart of our swim team program and we simply can’t operate without you. Please consider supporting the team by becoming an Montgomery County Swim League (MCSL) official by taking an online clinic. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to keep our team successful.
- New this year – LIVE STREAMING swim meets – could Bannockburn get any more high-tech? For more information and to watch the live stream feed – like and subscribe to our newly revamped Bannockburn Dolphins FACEBOOK Page5(2.7%)
- Bannockburn Swim + Dive Team Merch is23(12.2%)
. Support your team in style with retro t-shirts, hoodies, sweat pants, caps, towels, and more. The online store will only be open until Sunday, May 23rd so be sure to place your order soon. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we will NOT have in-person sales this summer – so don’t miss out. Even non-swim team families are welcome to buy this cool pool swag. Order TODAY.
- The Bannockburn Dive Team is back for Summer 2021. We are excited to welcome new divers and all returning divers – your child(ren) only need to be 5 years old and up and able to swim from the board to ladder. Never done a front dive – that’s OK. No experience required-we love beginners.
- The Bannockburn Dive team is low pressure, no cut, everyone can compete, minimal time commitment and most important fun team!
- Practices start on 6/2 and run through 7/19. Practice times are 6:30-7:30 and 7:30-8:30 pm weekdays. It also a great way to get to know fellow Dolphins.
- Our coaches are Cookie and Liam-they are home grown Dolphin divers-both got their start as summer divers at Bannockburn. If you have any questions please feel free to email Loretta at email@example.com.
- Registration is now open, is $125.00 per child. To register, click here:
- And children are welcome to join both the swim and dive teams which some have done in the past with great success.
We look forward to seeing everyone in May poolside! In the meantime, feel free to reach out to us with any questions or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Volunteer Board of Directors
- I understand that I and all members of my family who use the pool do so at my/their own risk, specifically but not limited to contraction of COVID-19.
- I acknowledge that the Bannockburn Pool may use or release to health officials the pool’s records of persons who have used the pool, if required for contact tracing purposes.
- I will not visit the pool if I was not vaccinated or anyone in my household not vaccinated and have COVID-19 symptoms, or have exhibited symptoms or tested positive in the past 10 days.
- I will not visit the pool if I or my family exhibits symptoms of covid (independent of vaccination) in the past 10 days.
- I will advise the Bannockburn Pool Board if I or a family member exhibits symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 within 24 hours of onset or test result.
- I will advise the Bannockburn Pool Board within 24hrs if I or a family member exhibits symptoms or tests positive for COVID and has visited the pool within the past 10 days.
- If I or a family member is not vaccinated, I will wear a mask when not in the water and practice social distancing while at the pool.
- I will supervise my children and group members so that safe interactions and social distancing can be maintained while at the pool.
- understand the pool must operate differently (again) this year. I will be a good pool citizen and respect the rules in force this summer, and also respect and obey the guidance and instruction given by pool staff.